Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mint Snowball

I read the essay packet, and my favorite story in it was the Mint Snowball by Naomi Shihab. I choose to wrote about this story because it has some sentimental value to it that I like. She is writing about how her great grandfather had a popular snack called the mint snowball and how people came from everywhere just to taste it. And how her mother used to love eating the snack while spinning on the chair in front of the bar. But before her great grandfather died he decided to sell the recipe to someone for $100 instead of passing it down, which made everyone sad. Especially her because she can only dream about being able to taste her great grandfathers recipe for the mint snowball. I think this story stuck to me so much because my grandmother had a recipe for Mac and Cheese, and even thought I don't like Mac and Cheese the rest of my family loves it and before she passed away she taught the recipe to my mother. So on holidays, my mom is always the one who has to make the Mac and Cheese, and I also feel like it keeps my grandmother with us. I can only imagine how it would have been if my grandmother wouldn't have gave my mom the recipe, nobody in my family would probably eat Mac and Cheese again. Sometimes it is the little things that keep faith in the family, rather its the recipe for the mint snow ball or mac and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. maybe expand and say more here...

    great responses here the past few weeks... keep going.

    ReplyDelete