Thursday, April 9, 2015

Maps To Anywhere

In todays blog I am going to write about the House of the Future. We discussed this story last class and it stuck with me. It made me want to write about it in my blog because it gives off two different perspectives. In the story he begins talking about how his family had imagined having such a great home, in my eyes they compared it to Disney World. Then he started talking about how he had a sick brother and this is where I got confused. In some parts of the story he would talk like he would do anything for his sick brother and then in other instances he wouldn't even want to get close to him. For example when his brother asked him what he would do if it was a fire in the house and he replied by saying that he knew he would grab his brother out of the bed and grab his meds and get out as quick as possible. But then when his brother got really sick with dry scales on his skin and such, he didn't come out of his room to see his brother, he didn't even want to be close to him and not far after he died. I feel like of course he loves him because that is his brother, and everyone loves their siblings. But when you have a sibling who is sick, it puts more responsibility on everyone and there is where it gets hard, so maybe he just wasn't ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment